Friday 1 February 2013

Birthday Surprise

This past Tuesday I celebrated my birthday. Besides being another year older, it was a lovely day.

Temperatures outside were warm, like a spring day -- +12oC. I can't remember ever celebrating a birthday with such warm weather. Usually there is either a winter storm happening, or freezing rain ... never this mild. You get the point ... I was shocked.  It was a pleasant surprise! Today on the other hand, we woke-up to reality ... old man winter dumped close to 40 cm of snow overnight and there is still a snow squall warning in effect, and the temperature outside is -19oC with the windchill. The snow was almost as high as Roxy and she wasn't to sure she wanted to get off the deck ...






The day started with this clue from Byron ...

 
 



Hugo woke up just as I finished reading it and I wasn't able to start my search.

When Hugo went for his nap I made ...



 
Chocolate covered strawberries ... mmmm .... one of my favourites!


Then I saw some more hints ...


Then Byron came home with dinner ...



A family chicken deal from the superstore. It was so nice not having to cook. He also brought home a delicious cake!!I guess I didn't need to make the strawberries ... but I had a craving for them.

Then I received some more clues and I continued my search with my wonderful search dog -- Roxy. She is such a good helper. I had to get through this tiny space in the garage and Roxy looked at me ... "You expect me to get through there ..."

 
With some encouraging words, she got through and we found the door we were to look behind ...




... and then we found my gift {insert super excited & jumping for joy with a big smile on my face}!!!



Roxy had to sniff it to ensure it was safe for me to bring it into the house. I love it! Now I just need to learn how to use it!!!!

And then after all that hard work we had dessert and it was wonderful! Hugo had a little bit {big mistake}, it was 9:00 p.m. and he wanted nothing to do with going to bed!

We would definitely get this again.


I had a wonderful day with my awesome family!!!! Thanks to my amazing husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips