Thursday 7 February 2013

Pool Party / Beach Teddy Cupcakes


As promised here’s how I made the Pool Party/ Beach Teddy Cupcakes I mentioned in my January 22, 2013 post.

Cupcake at the Party -- Photo Taken by My Cousin
I found this cute cupcake idea on the Pillsbury site in the spring last year. I instantly stored the image into my human memory and made note to make them for my aunts annual summer pool party!

First I baked a Betty Crocker Rainbow Cake Mix according to the instructions on the package {I was tight on time and had no one to watch Hugo, so it was much quicker}. Usually I try to do things from scratch.

With my sister’s help and Hugo’s co-operation {he had a decent nap this day}  we started...
 
 
First we did the bikinis or swim trunks on the teddies – we melted some coloured candy melts ... {this was very time consuming, but they turned out so cute}.


 
 
Then we made our blue icing for the water while the teddies dried. For the sand we sprinkled brown sugar on half the cupcakes. We used gummy lifesavers  {they are so yummy} for the teddy floating tubes and a soft mint puff for the beach ball. The cupcakes were finalised with a mini cocktail umbrella.




 These guys turned out so cute!!
This Teddy took a dive {My Sister's Idea}
 Photo taken by my Cousin
 

If you give these cuties a try, please share how they turned out for you. I would love to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips