Saturday 4 May 2013

Mini Cinnamon Rolls!

The rule in our house is that I only make my dangerously delicious cinnamon rolls Christmas morning. It has become a tradition. A couple weeks back I was really wanting a cinnamon roll and I knew I could not wait until Christmas to have one. I guess I could have grabbed some from the grocery story but it wouldn't be the same as freshly baked ones. So I went on a search for an alternative solution and I stumbled upon this quick and easy recipe from Iowa Girl Eats and decided to make these little guys for Easter. They turned out so cute and were a nice treat. One tube will get you 16 mini cinnamon rolls. I ended up with a couple more because I cut them a bit to small. Thanks Pillsbury Doughboy for doing most of the work!

These are the ingredients you will need. I had everything at home except the tube of Crescent dough.

 
 
Lay half the dough next to each other, pinch the seams together, flip and repeat. Take a rolling pin and roll the dough into a square [or something that closely resembles a square].


 
Bush one tablespoon of melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon followed by some brown sugar.
 

 
 
Roll the dough into one big log and cut into 8 even slices. Place the rolls into a non-stick buttered mini muffin tin and bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. [I think I rolled mine out a wee bit to thin, but once they bake it doesn't matter].
 
 
 
 
As the minis bake, make the icing to drizzle over them as soon as they come out of the oven and are warm. The three items you will need are - milk, icing sugar, and maple syrup.
 


 

 
Here they are once they were baked. Aren't they just sooo cute?
 

 
 
 
While the cinnamon rolls are still warm drizzle a teaspoon or two of the maple icing over the top of each mini like so ...



 

 
 
Since the house smelled so good I decided to share one with Byron instead of making him wait until dessert time. [I also wanted to get his opinion on these little cuties]. You can really see how tiny they are in this photo. They are bite-size.
 
 

 
 
Here they are ready for their debut.

 


 
 
 
If you give these cuties a try. Let us know how they turned out for you. Just don't make them to often or eat to many or you might start to look like the Doughboy.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips